FX animation is a complex niche, but not independent. There are different directions, styles and implementation methods. In this course we will study the basics of stylized hand-drawn FX animation that can be used in game development and motion design.
Basics of 2D FX animation [ENG]
- The basics of working in TVpaint animation and Adobe After Effects
- Animate fire, smoke, explosion, liquid, electricity animation
- Techniques for improving the skills of drawing FX-animation
- How to present your animations
- The principles of frame-by-frame FX animation
- Create loop animation
Who is this course for?
- For FX animators from gamedev who want to master frame-by-frame animation
- For motion designers who want to learn new skills
- For beginners who want to get acquainted with frame-by-frame FX-animation
The course is taught by Rinat Timerkaev, Head of RTFX animation, with more than 6 years of experience in 2D FX animation. The studio’s products are used by such famous companies as Nintendo, Viacom, Konami, ILM and many others. You can find some work of RTFX animation on our Youtube channel and Deviantart.